Even though the focus is shifting heavily to social media, we shouldn’t forget the impact of targeted email marketing. According to Mark the Marketer, email marketing delivers the highest ROI at $44.25 for every dollar spent (SEO ranked second at $22.24 and banner ads yielded the lowest ROI). It sounds compelling, doesn’t it! Email is still a very effective form of marketing. In fact, you are probably reading this blog due to an email that you received. So the purpose of this blog is to provide you with some information based on statistics to help you optimise your email marketing.
Let’s begin with some interesting email marketing facts and statistics:
- 77% of readers prefer being marketed to via email than any other channel. (ExactTarget)
- According to Mashable, in 2012, over 144 billion emails were sent
- 66% of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an e-mail marketing message.
- Over 70% of mobile purchasing decisions are influenced by promotional e-mails. (Mark the Marketer)
- 64% of people say they open an e-mail because of the subject line. (Mark the Marketer)
- Emails with social sharing buttons increase click-through rates by 158%.(Social Fresh)
- Personalisation of email content yielded the highest average open rate for all email campaigns, with 17.6 percent of all personalised emails being opened. (MailerMailer)
Best Times to Send Email Campaigns
So when should we press that send button? As with everything there is no best time for everyone. However, Constant Contact summarised some general trends by industry in the table below: