Facts and statistics can be useful when planning and understanding your market. Results 2Day have compiled a list of statistics and facts to help you post so you can attain your social media goals and objectives.
- Ideal length for a Facebook post for maximum engagement – 40 characters (DMR)
- Day of the week with the most amount of Facebook comments, likes or shares – Friday (DMR)
- Average number of monthly posts per Facebook page – 36 (DMR)
- Links placed just before the halfway point (in characters) of tweets tended to have higher clickthrough rates than links placed elsewhere. (HubSpot)
- Tweets posted around 4 p.m. Eastern time tend to get more retweets than those posted at other times. (HubSpot)
- Click-through rate of links in tweets increases as the overall length of those tweets also increases. (HubSpot)
- Photos that included hashtags in their descriptions on Instagram tend to get more Likes than photos that do not. (HubSpot)
- For @HubSpot, when we tweeted blog posts or offers about Twitter and other social media topics, those tweets received, on average, 22.5% more clicks than the average clicks for a tweet in the month of May. (HubSpot)
- For @HubSpot, tweets with statistics received 5.4% more retweets than the average for the month of May, but 32.7% less clicks per tweet than the average. (HubSpot)
- 43% of all marketers have found a customer via LinkedIn in 2013. (HubSpot State of Inbound, 2013)
- 36% of all marketers have found a customer via Twitter in 2013. (HubSpot State of Inbound, 2013)
- Based on all of the tweet data we have collected, the early morning hours appear to be the time in which tweets receive the most clicks, on average (HubSpot State of Inbound, 2013)
- Evenings and late at night are the times when your tweets receive the most favourites and retweets, on average.
- Buffer says: LinkedIn sends nearly four times more people to your homepage than Twitter and Facebook
- Career Advice and Self-Improvement Stories Are The Most Popular on LinkedIn (Newswhip)
- Most of LinkedIn’s Top Stories Are Under 1,000 Words (Newswhip)
- Niche Business Sites Perform Strongest On LinkedIn (Newswhip)
- LinkedIn Short Headlines Work Best – between 5 to 8 words (Newswhip)
- Mobile users are more active on Twitter than desktop users. People with Twitter on their smartphone are 79% more likely to access Twitter several times a day. They’re also twice as likely to use Twitter the moment they wake up. (Lori R Taylor)
We hope you enjoyed these facts and statistics.
Just a little about us, Results 2Day are a digital and social media listening company. We believe that good digital marketing practices can transform a modern business. We are passionate about social media enterprise listening and the profound impact that it can have on a brand. We believe that, if used correctly, enterprise listening insights can transform a business’ go-to-market strategy and provide invaluable on-going feedback to tactics and direction.
We’ve also published:
- Global Digital Marketing Statistics and Facts
- Social Media Platforms Statistics
- Australian social media statistics 2015
- 7 Australian Skeptical Social Media Opinions and Statistical Answers
- 2015 Australian Social Media Nuances compared to Global and US
Please feel free to share!
If you would like more information, tips, techniques and templates on digital marketing social media, please sign-up with Results 2Day
Why don’t you follow us on LinkedIn: