The following skeptical opinions were addressed:
- Social media is not representative of the whole market, it is used primarily by young people, which skews the information retrieved.
- Many people use social media worldwide, however, most users are from the U.S. very few Australians use social media.
- Most Australian social media usage is Facebook and privacy settings do not allow us to scrape this information.
- There is no value in a follow/like. My type of business is not one that people are interested in liking/following.
- The primary reason that Australians use social media is to talk to friends and therefore little business information exists
- Very few Australians use social media to research products and services.
- Social media is for building awareness, not for increasing sales.
We think you will find the answers interesting. Whilst some of the negative assumptions are true, others are not at all.